Saturday, January 30, 2010
Saturday Drive
Oh my, my friends and family in the south are getting snowed upon...again!!! Saw the news, and looks treacherous for persons driving. Thankfully we missed the big snow. I am over the flu, and getting back to my normal recovery. My wonderful husband took me for a drive this afternoon. We went to Cabela's. Of course we didn't need anything, but went just to look around. I got my 3o minute walk in today. We were in the White Tail Deer display, and saw a million deer taxidermied. One of them, interestingly had for their title, "Largest White Tail Deer on record taken by a woman." Oh well. A lot of interesting antler formations were seen. Antlers seem to differ as much as our individual personalities. No two are alike in my opinion. There were some stuffed Woodchucks on display. Made me think of a little saying my grandfather use to say about Woodchucks..."How much wood would a Woodchuck chuck if a Woodchuck could chuck wood? He would chuck all the wood a Woodchuck would if a Woodchuck could chuck wood." I remember my mom saying it too, and every time she did say it, I always begged her to say it again and again. I might not even be saying it completely right, but it sounded similar to that if my memory is correct. We also saw some stuffed rattlesnakes for the western deer display. They were very big and fat rattlesnakes. Gave me the shivers. So I said to Lo, pretend that we are on the wagon train out West, and homesteading on the land and a rattlesnake like that was ready to strike at me and I didn't know it, and you had to save me, how would you save me? First he said, "We would run." I said, "No, there was no time to run, you had to kill it immediately to save me." He said, "I would club it to death." I said, "You would not be afraid that it would get you first?" He said "No, I would use a very long club, so it couldn't." Later my friends and family, and have a nice day. Raffie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Lo would save you Raffie, from any harm. He's a good man, that Lo. I'm glad that you had your hunting/fishing shopping day for a chance to get those 30 mins. of walking done. All those stuffed animals--it must have been a bit creepy.
Rachel - so glad you are better.
Every time I read one of your blogs it strikes me how you and your siblings all have the same way of saying things. I guess its to be expected, but it surprises me every time. Maybe its seeing it in print that catches me off guard.
Life is full of surprises - some big, some small.
Hey Rach, So glad you are feeling better and it was only the flu. That Loren is such a hero! Save you he would - indeed!! he is a good man. Love you!
Post a Comment