Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Day 2 of Blog

Some interesting things happened today.  First of all I had an enormous sneeze which I did not have time to grab my chest to support it with the blow.  Youch, that hurt, but all seems fine and dandy with the incision.  This was the first time that I have sneezed since my surgery...and hopefully the last til I am recovered.  I didn't do much else today.  My sister said I looked like I had made an improvement in my health today with a brighter face and my shoulders more square.  I did feel like a $100 dollars today, as compared to prior days.  I am not at a million bucks yet, but that day is coming.  Then this afternoon, my dear 92 year old spry youthful, strong mother-in-law called me to see if I needed anything at the grocery store, and sure enough, I did, but thought that instead of her picking the items up I would ride along with her to pick up some cottage cheese and bananas.  Walking in the grocery store would be my walk for the day. She stopped in to pick me up and my sister helped me to the car and off we went to the grocery store.  Of course I did not get the 2 items, but ended up with about 10.  My mother-in-law and I were quite the pair, we both were walking about the same speed...extra, extra slow.  She pushed the cart, and got all the items that I asked her to get for me, especially the items high on the shelves, for I am not suppose to lift more than 5 pounds, nor reach up over my head.  Then at check out she lifted all the packages for me.  She really is the best mother-in-law in the world.  After we finally got in settled in the car to return home, I said to her, "I bet you won't call me again to see if I need anything from the grocery store  after I made you work so hard today."  She said, "Oh no, I will call you again."  Now isn't she the sweetest mother-in-law?

1 comment:

TB said...

I think that your Mother-in-law really liked helping out yesterday. She is sweet, you're absolutely correct.