Saturday, January 23, 2010

Blog 4, A Ride in the Car

Most days I do absolutely nothing, and today I did a little bit of nothing.  First, I put on some make-up this morning for the first time since the surgery.  Lo was going to the chiropractor and I was going to go a long for the ride and wanted to look nice.  Once at the chiropractors office in the waiting room, I sat in the massage chair without turning it on, thinking that the massaging vibrations would not be in my best interests after the open heart surgery, possibly jarring the breast bone.  The chiropractor comes out to call on Lo, and he says, "don't you want the chair turned on?"  I say, "I would love to have the chair on, but I had better not for I have just had open heart surgery about 2 weeks ago."  The chiropractor thought about it and agreed.  But he went on to tell me that he had open heart surgery as a child for a congenital heart defect, and he said that he rarely talks about it nor shows his surgery scar, but after our conversation, he showed me his scar...I didn't show him mine.  After the chiropractor was finished with Lo, we went to the outlets for an item, and thought it would be a good place for me to walk.  We ended up only getting soft pretzels, Lo a raisin one, and me a cinnamon/sugar which was delicious. It was a beautiful morning here with sunshine and close to 50 degrees, and it was great to get some fresh air.  On the way home we stopped at a coffee/tea shoppe in a refurbished quaint old barn and Lo delighted in the hand hewn oak logs, massive stones and decor. We stocked up on some coffee beans--Highlander Grogg and Swiss Chocolate Almond--both out of this world in taste/flavor and smell. Feeling energetic, we also stopped at an Alpaca farm and shop, and broused the Alpaca wool hats, sweater, rugs and clothing--very nice stuff I must say. IT was a great day and a welcomed break from the indoors.  Later my friends and family.  Raffie

2 comments:

TB said...

Raffie, I think you did more with your day than I did! Wow, that's quite a day full of activities for a girl in recovery. I'll bet you will sleep well tonight. So good night my dear one.

Unknown said...

Dear Rach, I am reading your blog, and trying to learn how to send comments. My love and prayers, Nancy