Thursday, February 25, 2010
Too Turkey Smell
Lo was at Sam's Club yesterday, so he called to see if there was anything that I needed. I like their ground lean turkey, so he picked me up a pack. Since cooking is on the list of things that I can do while I recover, I was all gung-ho about making some turkey chilli and turkey meat loaf today. I had some red kidney beans that I cooked up from scratch, and that takes a good 5 hours or so of cooking to get soft. Then I opened the turkey...it smelled just a little too much like turkey, kinda of like fish that smells too fishy. I looked at the expiration date on the package, and it did not expire until March 2, so I thought that I would use it anyway, thinking that cooking it would cure its too turkey smell. After working on this chilli all day long, with the kidney beans and so forth, we finally were ready to take our first bite. Yuck, it did not taste right. Had to throw it out. So we called Sam's and they will give us our money back, but we have to bring in the remaining t;urkey. Lo said, we ought to take them the chilli too. Now, what are they going to do with this turkey? I wouldn't want it in my garbage can. Oh well. I didn't do much else today, and did manage to get a nice long nap in. Thanks my friends and family for all that you are doing for me and for the cards. Raffie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I guess if you have to walk into Sams Club with a turkey meatloaf in your arms to get your money back, they can figure out what to do with their bad meat. Hope that you at least enjoyed what sounds like an all-day cooking event. So what did you eat for dinner instead?
yuck that sounds not so delicious!!!
Post a Comment