Sunday, February 21, 2010

Home Sweet Home Round 3

Home sweet home again.  I guess coming back to a home you love after being away for awhile is like eating chocolate after being deprived of it for a time.  It is sweet, memorable and an "Ahh, this is the best" moment.  That was my experience yesterday after getting back home from spending about 5 days in the hospital.  I won't go into any details, but I did make it home from the hospital on Thurs around 5 pm, and then early Friday morning I had to awaken Lo up to take me back to the ER which resulted in another over night stay on the cardiac floor for observation.  He really is a trooper I must say, over the past 8-9 years, for all the times I have awakened him from a deep sleep to take me to the ER, all for heart related things.  Hopefully this was the last time for that.  Then should I mention that when I get back home, he pampers me big time, until I can convince him that I am capable of doing some things.  News flash...while I was in the hospital, we had 2 sets of triplets (lambs) from mommies that were not suppose to be pregnant.  Ed the ram is slick.  Of course it would have helped if the osage orange fence row did not have a few holes in it that the sheep can squeeze through if they are desperate and determined enough, and I guess they were desperate...and it was the females, not Ed that escaped to the other side.  Every once in awhile this past early fall I would see an extra sheep in the field that Ed and Sissy occupy.  Ed and Sissy would be at one end of the field and the extra sheep at the other, appearing to be totally oblivious to one anothers presence.  I would tell Lo about it, and he would get around to getting the stray sheep back into the female field and subsequently mend the hole.  I said to Lo, "Aren''t you worried about the sheep getting pregnant?"  He said, "It doesn't look like Ed is interested anyway" and the sheep were never seen "together."  Our plan this year was to take a break from lambing.  Well, that birth control method definitely did not work.  But for now, we welcome the triplets, even though they are a lot of work and Lo is doing it all.  He supplements their nutrition with a bottle since there are triplets and it helps keep both the mom and baby lambs from complications and death.  He comes in from the barn with empty bottles in all his pockets, and it always makes me chuckle to see the two empty baby bottles just casually poking out of his flannel shirt breast pockets.  Hope all is well with you my friends and family.  Raffie

2 comments:

TB said...

Raffie, I am sooo glad that you are home again, and hopefully no more hospital stays. So it's the girls that are slick, huh? Here I thought it was Ed that was slipping into the "other side". So possibly there could be more baby lambs coming along! Ed just waits for the girls to wiggle through the fence. He's smart, that one.

Unknown said...

I was surprised to read about your last espisode at the ER. I can't keep up with you unless I call everyday. I spoke to you thursday evening soon after you came home from the hospital, and then you slipped back there the next morning.