Monday, March 1, 2010

Back on the Trail

I feel like I am back on the trail of recovery after a low key week.  I feel much stronger today, and am optimistic that only improvements will be made henceforth.  I was hoping before the surgery that I would be able to run the 2 mile for the Alex Run (fromalexwithlove.com) in June.  I may have to postpone that til next year, and only do the walk this year to be realistic with my recovery.  It will give me some incentive to strive for after I am given clearance to jog/run.  As of right now a slow walk for about 10 to 15 minutes is my max aerobic capacity.  Changing subjects, I did make meatloaf out of that strong smelling ground turkey when I made the chili.  I put extra sage in it to hopefully mask the taste, however it was not edible like the chili.  Instead of throwing it out, I decided to put it outside for the birds to eat.  Lo didn't think that birds would eat it.  After throwing it outside on the deck, about 2 dozen starlings swarmed upon it and devoured it within 5 minutes.  I was looking out the kitchen window, and saw starlings flying from all directions to this prize.  I think they have a way of communicating to let one another know of food caches.  All they left BEHIND literally, was  poop.  After all was said and done, I said to Lo, "I don't think that was such a good idea." Also, Lo took the "turkey" that was not used back to Sam's and they gladly reimbursed him with no questions asked.  Have a nice day my friends and family.  Raffie

1 comment:

TB said...

A pile of poop in exchange for a pile of meatloaf...priceless.