Friday, February 12, 2010

Home Sweet Home

As I peered out the patio door early this morning, between the long stalactite icicles hanging from the roof, with the very gray horizon emerging from the sloping hillside, silhouetted against the grey brown trees, I had an overwhelming sense of calm and just thought to myself--"Home Sweet Home."  To add color to this scene was Sissy, the horse,with her dark chestnut fur coat and Ed the sheep with his off white wool coat.  Sissy's legs were hidden by the snow, and Ed was seen only by his upper half.  Sissy was sniffing Ed's derriere like she always does, and Ed was keeping his head cozy warm in her private area.  This is how they spend a big portion of their day...and you can tell that they love it, and are the very best of friends.  It just was a picture of tranquillity, and in my thoughts, that same tranquil feeling overcame me also, a true spiritual moment.  Anyway, I am back home for now, and I do appreciate the stay I had with my daughter while our electric and inconveniences were out.  She took so very good care of me and I am so grateful for her hospitality and friendship.  Hope all is well with you, my friends and family and think SPRING.  Raffie

3 comments:

TB said...

Think of spring...I'm with you Raffie. So glad to know that you are home now and able to watch your kinky animals.

karen said...

I had fun with you all week last week! you were great company!

karen said...

I finished biscotti!! and now i am making more!! I loved our lazy days last week!! We don't get too many of those in life :)