Monday, February 8, 2010
25 Inches
How could 25 inches make such a large impact on one's life? That is the question for I am sure many of you, especially if you live in the snow belt. The electric went off about 10 pm on Fri eve, and that was the end of normal comfortable life. Sat morn Lo went outside with a yardstick and came back in and said "25 inches." Meanwhile, during the night I woke with the "chills" and around 2 am my hero went out to the barn and retrieved the kerosene heater, fired it up and saved me from freezing. I went back to bed with my winter down coat on and a wool hat, along with million blankets. So we were without electric the entire weekend, along with phone service. Lo's cell phone battery was dead, and mine was near death, so we turned off the phone to save it only for emergency. So if you tried to call us, and we didn't answer, it is because of the above, not that we were ignoring you. I feel so lucky too, that Lo had the kerosene heater going, because I know of some folks that had no external heat in the electric outage. At least we had heat, and could cook some on the kerosene heater. Sat eve we made chicken, potatoes and broccoli on the kerosene heater. It was delicious. Sunday afternoon, Lo made arrangements for me to go to my daughter's home where there was electricity, so I have been in the great care of my daughter now until things settle down with the weather. Some folks still have no electricity in our area. My heart goes out to all who are suffering. Later my friends and family. Raffie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Glad you're safe and in a warm place Raffie. I'm so sorry that your place and Lo's Mom's too lost power. We're bracing for a second wave of snow that is to start tomorrow afternoon. And I'm praying that the power will stay on here again.
Post a Comment