Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Cabin Fever

Not only am I recovering from the surgery, but suddenly, without warning Cabin Fever hit with a vengeance.  Really, there have been warning signs, but today with it being so cold and still snowing, it just was in my face.  I stayed indoors all day, except just now K and I went outside to get some fresh air.  I borrowed a pair of snow boots and out we went.  We stayed out there about 2 minutes, and I must say that the snow is beautiful, and something about snow makes everything seem so quiet...but am dreaming of spring.  K walked to the grocery store today to get a few items.  She bought some of that new almond milk out now, and we had some and it really was tasty.  We watched too much TV today, Dr. Oz, Ellen, the news and Friends.  We made some biscotti, that we have put away because we kept eating it...addicting stuff.  I did quite a few Sodukos, read National Geographic Feb issue, and played Scrabble with K.  Now we are watching Wheel of Fortune.  Oh, yesterday I went with K to her gym and rode the bike for about 20 min.  My heart rate went from a low of 84 to a high of 88 riding on the lowest resistance possible without the bike shutting off.  All I can compare it to is if you lay on your back and bicycle your legs in the air.  But it was exercise.  Hope all is well with you.  Raffie

1 comment:

TB said...

20 minutes on the bike with no resistance! I'm proud of you Raffie. Good going. Yeah, we've all have cabin fever with these back-to-back snows.