Friday, March 12, 2010
Vitamin D
Yesterday, when K came in the door for her lunch break, she said, Don't you want the door open, it is hot outside." I didn't even realize that it was such a gorgeous day outside. So we left the sliding glass door open, and the fresh air smelled as delicious as our lunch. The lunch rendezvous with my daughter is going to be one of the most missed moments of my recovery when I finally return to w___. To me that is a four letter word that I don't want to say yet. I have become spoiled, sleeping in, napping when I want, having the excuse "I'm too tired" if I don't feel like doing something. But back to the lunches, K has come everyday when possible during her lunch break to check in on me and we have a little lunch together (generally tomato soup and toasted cheese is our favorite) and just chat. It has been the most endearing time of the recovery and one of the things I will miss most with my time off. So after lunch, I headed back to my favorite park, the one with the creek, rock formations, large sycamore trees and walked the creek trail, taking in the warm breeze and sunshine. I'm feeling much better, and thanks for all your thoughts and prayers my friends and family. Raffie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good to hear that you've been able to spend the latter part of your recovery communing with nature in such a beautiful setting. All the best to you next week as you return to w___.
Post a Comment