Tuesday, September 7, 2010
Huffin Puffin Miracle
5K day came and went. Yes, I was a huffin and a puffin and it started around mile marker one. I thought, only one mile and I want to quit. But oh noooooooo, no quitting allowed was my motto. So I just kept a huffin and a puffin. All I wanted to do was to keep up with the elderly lady running ahead of me. After the race, I told her how inspiring she was to me during the race, that I kept my pace behind her and asked her if I could ask her age, and she said she was 65. I kept thinking to myself, "if she can do it, I can do it." So that is how I made it to the finish line. She beat me by about 25 seconds. There were some other elderly folk out there that passed me up too. Oh well, what can I say, except, that I didn't quit and ran 5K faster than I ever ran a 5K...in practice. Not to brag on my daughter K, she ran it very well, and placed 3rd in her age group and received a trophy for it. She ran a very fast time of 23 min I believe. I ran my 5K in 32 min 17 sec. Well, my friends and family, I am still tired from the run, so will keep recouping. Later. Raffie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You are amazing Raffie, and are my inspiration. I plan to walk today so that I can work up to the "Couch to 5K" regimen.
Post a Comment