K and I signed up for a Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving morning, supporting the YMCA food bank. However, the forcast said 90% rain, and around 50 degrees. We had both said that if it was raining we were not going to run. Well, at 6 am I heard it pouring down rain, and I said to myself, "nope, not going to run in this wet mess." While I checked the forcast online the rain had let up to a drizzle, so I quickly called K and said, "lets go, we can always renig if it is raining too hard once there." So off we went to the Turkey Trot. Once there, in the city, we were caught up in the excitement of it all, and we ran regardless of the rain. We were sopping wet, but overall had a great time. Here is my time..."Congratulations on your finish in the TURKEY TROT 5K!Your official time was 34:31, a pace of 11:08 per mile. You finished 831st out of 1341 overall and 22nd out of the 54 Women 50 - 59." So, I am so glad that we ran the 5k, and hope to do it again next year. I am thankful that although it was raining, it was not freezing cold. I am also thankful for so many, many other blessings in my life. Happy Thanksgiving to all my friends and family. Raffie
Thursday, November 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Great pic of you sis, even in that drizzle! You are awesome!
Post a Comment