Saturday, December 18, 2010

It's Beginning to Look A Lot LIke Christmas!

 Christmas, seems like the season and day arrives before one is ready.  I love this Holiday, why?  Various reasons... family together time, cookies, decorating, memories that warm the heart and spirit.  Anyway, I remember receiving the book "The Night Before Christmas" many years ago when I was about 6 or so, and can still hear my mother's expressive voice reading the story to me. "And mamma in her kerchief and I in my cap, had just settled down for a long winters nap"...I always wondered why they wore hats to bed and took long winter naps.  So this story has remained my very favorite over the years.  Darlene gave my girls, when they were very young, a pop-up Hallmark book of this story, and somehow, this pop-up book has become part of our tradition to be part of our Christmas decorations. After it is set up and in its place, I feel as if I am  ready for Christmas. Later my friends and family, wishing you a blessed Christmas season.  Raffie

No comments: