Saturday, October 30, 2010
Pumkin Run
Oh my gosh, I ran a 5k today!!!!!!!!What a run, or slow jog it was. Mostly uphill for the first 2 miles. Last mile was downhill, finally. I knew that there was a long upgrade/hill for the first 1/2 mile. After making it up the killer hill, there was a plateau, then it seemed like 3 more killer hills arose out of the horizon. I said to myself "you have to be kidding me." On that last hill, I was suffering from severe depression, thinking are they crazy for making a 5k on such a hilly route????? But on mile 2 they hollared out, "all downhill from here on." Glory be, finally. I was so proud of myself at the finish line for making it to the end. Oh, I placed 5th in my age division and won a pumpkin medal. WhooHoo! K won a pumpkin medal too, for 4th place in her age division. Later my friends and family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I had so much fun today running with you!! Yes the hills were killers, this definitely was the most challenging 5K i have ever run! Great job mom! I'm so proud of you too!
Raffie, you rock! You are really going for fitness and inspiring me. Last evening when I walked for an hour, I actually jogged a segment. I was thinking to myself "I have not asked my body to do this in a long time". No doubt I was out of breath and wanted to stop sooner than I did, but I made my body move faster for a short while and I thought of you. Thank you for inspiring me.
Post a Comment