Friday, April 30, 2010

"Quilt", So Saith My Sis!

My sister gave me her Pfaff sewing machine since she got a new machine, and it is a beauty.  My daughter and I went and picked it up, and also had the privilege of attending one of her guild's quilt shows. The show was exceptionally inspiring, and so many unique, beautiful, artistic quilts were on display....it just made me want to quilt too.  So, here before me are some quilting magazines she also gave me, and I am dreaming of the quilt I want to make.  I am a novice quilter, and want to stick to an easy project.  Then the theme, the colors...I am overwhelmed, but I do have some ideas in my head that I am juggling around.  I am thinking of making a quilt table cloth for the kitchen table for my first project, and of course sunflowers would be in the theme.  So, hopefully I can blog some day that I finished the project.  Meanwhile, I have to make a plan and get started.  That is how I look at exercise too.  To jog a mile, you have to take little baby step jogs to get to the finish line, and each step counts to getting there, no matter how slow or short the stride may be.  I am proud to say that this week, 2 days in a row I jogged (snail's pace) 2 miles!!!!!  That is really something for me.  Later my friends and family.  Raffie

1 comment:

TB said...

One stitch at a time. One step at a time. You can do it, I know you can! You have the discipline and energy (despite having had surgery).