I made it over the finish line...8.1 miles. This is the 2nd year I ran this race. Improved my time by 8 minutes. Woohoo! I felt stronger and a little faster this year while I was running and that did make me feel slightly more energized. My mantra while running was "You have to start to finish" ..."To finish you have to keep going--one step at a time--just keep moving".
So here it is my results: clock time and chip time (K and I got started a little late)
430 13 , PA 1:32:16 1:28:27 10:55
By the way, K did remarkably well too...she ran it in 1:11:17 at a 8:48 pace! I wish I could be that fast...am very happy with my under 11 min pace though. Maybe next year I can improve again. That is what happens when you start running, you just can't help yourself, but you keep going back for more with the desire to better your time, even if it is by a few seconds. Oh by way, age and size are irrelevant when it comes to community races...there are amazing folks out there running all just doing their best. Very inspiring!
Keep moving my friends and family and likewise I am saying this to myself. Raffie
Sunday, March 31, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment