Winter is not my favorite time of year. I am finding that this one is particularly getting to be a long one. There are several factors contributing to this feeling of which I will not go into today. On the positive side of Winter--I love to see the freshly falling snow and to take walks in the snow in the moonlight if not too cold or windy. So I have done that some this winter, but nevertheless, Spring will come none too soon! Warm spring sunshine and gentle breezes will be welcomed!
I have signed up for an 8 miler in March to get myself somewhat ready for the Half Marathon in May. It has been too cold and snowy to be outside running to train for the 8 miles. My goal is always to finish the race and not be the last one over the finish line. One thing about 5, 10k's and half marathons...there are all shapes and sizes of runners, a wide range of ages (usually at least some 80 year olds) and a speed for everyone. It is very inspiring to be running with such a dedicated group of people who most have the same goal--finish. I try to run around an 11 min mile pace foranything over 5 k. There are some amazingly fast middle agers out there that outrun the young runners. This year too I would like to run the 5 miles in the Run for Alex in June.
This winter has been a challenge for the winter bulge--yes it seems like I never recovered from the Holiday indulgences which has been prolonged now into February. I thought that February would be the month to drop a few of those extras, but it hasn't happened. Looks like March will have to be the time to be more vigilant and back to being serious with keeping on track. Wish me luck because I need it. That is my challenge with this blog...staying on track with healthy eating. Hope all is well with all of you. Keep moving and eat your fruits and veggies!
Later my friends and family. Raffie
Sunday, February 24, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment