I love Autumn. I think it is the gorgeous yellows and reds of the trees against the bluest blue sky on a slightly cool and breezy day. The grass is still the greenest green too. This is the best weather to be outside, jogging or biking. K and I often hit the trail for a jog or bike ride. We ran a Jack-o-lantern 5k in the snow and slush. All up hill the first mile and half. I ran it slower this year than last. Also, an 87 year old man beat my time by almost 2 minutes. I am amazed at the young 87 year old, how in the heck did he do it? I think he passed me about mile one. Oh well, I did the best that I could and am proud of myself for finishing. It is a very tough course, many long hills. Besides jogging and biking, I have been making a scrumptious pumpkin cake. I use 1/2 wheat flour, and 1/2 the sugar it calls for so it makes me feel just a little bit better about eating the extra calories. I will be training for another 5k coming up here, a Turkey Trot. So happy running to all. Hope you are having a nice fall.
Raffie.
Saturday, November 5, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment