


I love summer, of course who doesn't. I finished the Sunflower quilt, thanks to my sisters expertise help. Maybe you are tired of seeing the quilt pictures. It is totally done, and my sister showed my how to put on the edging in a most easy, but complicated precise way. She drew me pictures on how to do it, and when I tried to replicate the method on another project, for some reason, I could not quite complete it as easily as she had showed me. I will need another lesson. We took the picture of the sunflower at a lavender farm. I am in love with lavender now. It smells so light and fresh and reminds me of summer, so that is why I have the picture of the lavender. I bought 2 lavender plants, and I pick the blossoms, crush them between my fingers, then smell, smell and smell...I say to myself, "this smells like heaven." It gives me a high for the moment. My summer has been delightful, yet very low key. Besides smelling the lavender, Lo and I usually eat supper out on the front porch. We have come to expect entertainment from the various birds that flutter about while we eat. There is a reliable hummingbird that always hovers around us near the flowers. It is amazing how loud the humming of the wings are for such a tiny bird. For some reason, at times it will come about 2 feet from my face and look at me and just hover there, like it is going to attack me. I am scared and not scared at the same time. I kid you not. Then there are the mouring doves, several pairs that keep cooing to one another. They get close to us too. The like to perch on the porch swing. And besides doing the above, I have been half diligently training for 2 5K's scheduled in September. My training involves just jogging 5 K about 3 times a week, plus gym work several times too. Oh summer time, my favorite season of the year, is full of delightful small but big pleasures. Have a great day, Raffie.
No comments:
Post a Comment